Deactivating Workflows in QA/PRD loses triggering events

Michael Pokraka workflow at quirky.me.uk
Thu Nov 14 20:53:21 EST 2002

Hi Jocelyn,
...and there was me trying to avoid the event queue wherever possible
:-)  This was for two reasons:

* it introduces an often unnecessary delay. e.g. a 'manual' workflow
should run straight away if the event queue is bottled up for 20min due
to a big batch run. (slow as they sometimes can be, users are an
impatient lot too! :-)

* I've experienced quite a few stability issues with the event queue.
Nothing terribly specific I could raise with SAP, mostly once-offs like
e.g. a spurious network problem causing an RFC to fail which in turn
caused the SWEQUEUE job to fall over and stop running alltogether. As
you pointed out however the events are still there.

What you said does however make sense, and given that we think we've
addressed the stability bits with monitors and the likes, I will rethink
my strategy on the whole queue bit.

Thanks for your (as usual) valuable input
Mike