Transport : Role Resolution and Responsibility Matrix

Gilbert C gchonsult at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 6 12:17:51 EST 2002

Good morning,

I had a bad experience with transports last week and it screwed up =
Production config.

One of the workflows uses role resolution to determine routing of work =
items.
For my change, if the service order is Type_A, then route to Position_B.
This was never built into the responsibility matrix, so I added that in.
When this was tested in Development, Position_B only had my ID.
In Production, Position_B has 10 users assigned to it.

When the transport made it to Production, all original users of =
Position_B were wiped out but my ID was there.
It seems that my transport has actually moved the user assignments from =
the Development system too.

Why did the transport include users when I only changed the =
responsibility matrix?
Was it incorrect for Development not to have the exact org structure as =
Production to begin with?

Thank you.
Gilbert Chong
Entergy, New Orleans