Business Object in 4.6c

Alon Raskin araskin at 3i-consulting.com
Fri May 17 07:05:07 EDT 2002

Hi John,

For some reason I can not see the pcx you have attached but I will say this.

Methods that are inherited from an interface will never have code in them. When
an Object inherits from an interface all it does is 'take on' the attributes,
methods and events of that interface. You will need to redefine the methods
yourself on a delegated subtype.

Regarding the 'Local Implementation Recommended' method : You do not need to do
this. It is simply suggested.

Also It is important to uderstand that you can not just create a method on a
subtype with the same name. When you create the subtype of ECM you will see all
the methods that are inherited. Select the method and hit the REDEFINE button.
This will 'create' the method with all the inherited parameters and exceptions
on your subtype. You can now define the code. You can add new parameters,
exceptions to the method but make sure that new parameters are not MANDATORY as
this could cause problems (i dont think SAP will let you do this but just in
case).

Kindest Regards,

Alon Raskin
3i Consulting Group