WF-BATCH requires SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW profiles

Aydin, Kemal (Kemal)** CTR ** aydink at lucent.com
Tue May 14 16:40:22 EDT 2002

Lisa,

I've worked on several environments with similar requirements ( no SAP_ALL / SAP_NEW ). At the beginning, it sounds like a good idea ( and a secure one ). But, WF-BATCH user will be accessing several areas that would be hard to trace and many requests will become HIGH priority in your prod. environment when you hit a security wall. And, teams will start pointing fingers in case of a production down problem :-) !!!!

Unless you have a very quick response time from the security team, and a production like environment where you can test all scenarios before you hit the production environment, it would be a good idea to keep SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW.

Since WF-BATCH is a background user, none of your users will have access to SAP_ALL / SAP_NEW.

Regards,
Kemal Aydin