AW: possibilities for going back one or several steps?

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Tue Mar 12 08:36:24 EST 2002

Hi Simone,

going back is not possible since the workflow cannot "take back" =
changes
like the creation of a sales order. This would need to be possible if, =
say,
you are changing a value a few steps back and this would lead to a =
condition
being evaluated differently, with the workflow then going down a =
different
branch than before.. thus logically not possible through the workflow
engine.

However, if you have such cases regularly (if not, tell the user to =
reverse
the document (e.g. the invoice) and create a new one, thus ending the =
old &
triggering a new workflow), think about modelling this in the workflow. =
E.g.
give the user the possibility at predefined steps in the workflow to =
decide
to repeat/undo (e.g. through a user decision) certain operations. Of =
course
you will need to program all relevant steps or model them using =
existing
methods (e.g. document reversal, custom table updates, etc.). This =
sounds
easier than it will be in practice as the implications are often more
complex than it seems at first sight. If you can solve it the =
conventional
way (reverse/rebook), then I would suggest you do that.

Hth,
Stephan

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----