Problem understanding event parameters

Mark Pyc Mark.Pyc at diagonal-consulting.com
Sat Mar 9 09:35:15 EST 2002

G'day Karen,

The event parameters allow you to pass additional information that cannot be
determined within the object attributes. If it were possible to access it
within the object there would be no need to specifically pass it with the
event. Workflow does not use genuine OO and all attributes must be able to
be resolved at runtime based only on the key to the object.

Once you've bound your data and hold it within your workflow container
however, you can pass it to the object via a call to a method. Alternatively
since you're coding the raise of the event and passing the parameter,
potentially you could pass the email address directly.

Hope this helps,
Mark