How to set attributes at object

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Wed Jun 5 09:19:47 EDT 2002

If your calculations don't _have_to_ take place in the program you can
declare a virtual attribute and perform the calculations in the program for
the attribute.
Worst-case scenario: calculate in your program, store in Z-table with
object key as table key and read that table in your virtual attribute.

But then again, you may have ruled out that possibility already.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

                    Karsten Ernst
                    <ernst-consulting at gm        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    x.net>                      cc:
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     How to set attributes at object
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    05.06.2002 14:24
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Dear Workflowers,

I want to create an object in my program to start the workflow and I have
set some of the attributes of this object for myself. This has to happen
because the attributes are calculated in my program and cannot be set via
set_property in the object.
Is ist possible to set the attributes the way we use them, specified  with
'objectname.attribute'?

Another solution should be to create a table and transfer this to the
workflow. But thinking of the mails concerning 'Declaring a table as an
event parameter' and comparing with my own experience, there is no way to
deliver a multi-row multi-line table to the workflow.

Thats all for now,
thanks in advance for every hint,

Karsten

this message.