??: Urgent;Transporting changes to productive system with Workite ms not finished yet

Kim, Ji Hoon ji.hoon.kim at sap.com
Sun Jun 2 23:56:24 EDT 2002

Why don't you copy the orignial workflow template to new workflow template
and transport the new workflow template only?

If you transport the original(modified) workflow template to
prod. system, the running workflow instances will be faced with
the consistency problem. Because you did not make new version of workflow
template in dev. system.

The node numbers in workflow template will be
differed from the node data of running workflow instance. So, it causes
the consistency error in running workflow instance.

To avoid this problem in your case, just copy the modified workflow template
to new one. and just transport new workflow template to prod.
system. And turn off triggering event of old workflow template and turn
on that of new workflow template.

The running workflow instance will be run as the definintion of old workflow
template. And new workflow instance will be run as the definition
of new worklfow template.

The above is just my suggestion.
Thanks and regards,
Ji Hoon Kim

-----?? ???-----
?? ??: Jaime Felipe Uribe Duque
?? ??: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
?? ??: 02-06-03 ?? 10:47
??: Re: Urgent;Transporting changes to productive system with Workite ms not
finished yet

Hi Ji Hoon,

Our problem is that We need to make the changes and apply those in to
productive system and the active Workitems have work with this new
functionality, again, We just made the changes with no versions, just
over
the active version.

Thanks.

>From: "Kim, Ji Hoon" <ji.hoon.kim at sap.com>
>To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>Subject: Re: Urgent;Transporting changes to productive system with
Workite
>             ms not finished yet
>Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 04:21:29 +0200
>
>SAP Biz. workflow has version management functionalities. So, there is
no
>problem in running workflow processes.
>But, I guess the best way of this case is .. (to avoid problem that may
>occur)
>
>1. copy the current workflow template to new one.
>2. make the changes to new workflow template.
>3. turn off the triggering event of old workflow template.
>4. turn on the triggering event of new workflow template.
>5. transfer new workflow template and customizing stuff(triggering
event)
>production system.
>
>Workflow experts, what is your suggestion based on your experiences ?

>?? ??: Jaime Felipe Uribe Duque
>?? ??: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
>?? ??: 02-06-03 ?? 9:03
>??: Urgent&#8230;Transporting changes to productive system with
Workitems