Iintegration of SAP Business Workflow with Lotus Domino

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Sun Jul 21 20:26:41 EDT 2002

Hi Thad,
Integrating Lotus with R/3 in this way is fine.  However that
doesn't automatically mean you can do the same with CRM and EBP.
The reason being that CRM and EBP workflows are usually executed
via the web not via SAPGUI.

The normal process with EBP is to send an email notification using
program RSWUWFMLEC (an EBP specific variation on RSWUWFML) that sends
an email notification with a hyperlink to the appropriate web site.
This approach works for any groupware that allows hyperlinks.

There is not much point in connecting your EBP system to Lotus directly
as the work items are not intended to be executed via SAPGUI, and much of
the information needed by the agent can only be viewed via the web.

I can't comment in detail on CRM but I would assume it's the same deal as
with EBP.
Regards,
Jocelyn Dart
SAP Australia (SRM, EBP, Workflow)