Express Message Still Sent Even After the WI Has Already Been

Parag Joshi paragjoshi at ureach.com
Thu Jan 31 23:59:40 EST 2002

Hi Diane,

I have also come across this problem. I think its a bug. Have
you checked at OSS? There should be a OSS note out there to
rectify this, otherwise it needs to be reported to OSS.

Regards.

Parag Joshi.
Senior SAP Consultant. Workflow/Interfaces(EDI/ALE/EBP/APO)
3S Inc USA.
Tel: 1-317-640-1115

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Nobles, Diane (nobles_dh at naptheon.com) wrote:

> I believe there is another issue here.  I get the express
notification
> even
> when my mailbox is empty.  I logon, the message pops up, I go
to the
> inbox
> and there are no messages at all.  Why would this happen and
what can be
> done about it???
>
> Diane H. Nobles
> SDE PM Team
> (757)380-7250
> ***************************************
> It is more blessed to give than to
> receive. Acts 20:35

Already
> Been
>

> Jody,
>
> The option in SO16 of 'No notification of unviewed mails at
logon' also
> controls
> whether the express message popup appears for users at logon.
If the
> option
> is
> ticked, then no notification takes place and no express
message popup
> appears.
> You want to have the option unticked to ensure that the popup
appears,
> although
> bear in mind that users will also get the notification of any
unread
> mails
> in
> their inbox. I'm not sure why the one option controls both
features, or
> why
> the
> description of the SO16 option makes no mention of the
express message
> notification, but it works! Unfortunately it is an all or
nothing
> option.
> For
> user-specific settings you will have to do some clever stuff
with user
> exits
> and
> parameter ids I guess.
>
> Good luck,
> Rob Bates,
> ITNET UK Ltd.
>
> To:       SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> cc:        (bcc: Rob Bates/ITnet)
>> From:     Jody Chassereau <drcakes at hotmail.com>
> Date:     01/31/2002 04:09:17 AM
> Subject:  Re: Express Message Still Sent Even After the WI
Has Already
> Been
>           Pro cessed
>

> Linda,
>
> I don't have an answer for your question, but I was
interested in the
> subject you were asking about.  Mainly because in our 4.6c
environment,
> we
> do not get the Express Message at logon for any work items
delivered.

> In one of our workflows, we do use the Highest priority ('1')
on an
> approval
> step so that an express box pops up for the approver.  But I
have only
> seen
> that work if the user was already logged on in R/3.  If they
weren't and
> logged on later, they do not get the notification that this
was in their
> Inbox.
>
> I was wondering if you knew what might control that kind of
activity.  I
> looked around a little and found an option in SO16 (office
settings)
> that
> discussed getting a message upon logon.  We did not have that
turned on
> - is
> this what is used here and is it something that can be
adjusted per
> user?
>
> Just curious.  Thanks & good luck...
>
> Jody Chassereau
> drcakes at hotmail.com
>

> >From: "Terrell, Linda M." <Linda.Terrell at Lyondell.com>
> >To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> >Subject: Express Message Still Sent Even After the WI Has
Already Been
> Pro
> >             cessed
> >Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:49:04 -0600
> >
> >Hi,
> >Does anyone know how to prevent an Express message from
appearing at
> logon,
> >when the user's inbox is really empty?
> >
> >Here is a scenario:
> >1.      A purchase requisition is created and saved.
> >2.      A approval workitem goes to the approver's inbox.
> >3.   The approver is not logged on and has set up a WF
substitute.
> >4.   The substitute executes the WI and approves the
requisition.
> >5.   Later in the day, when the original approver logs on,
he receives
> an
> >Express message that there is a purchase requisition
approval in his
> inbox.
> >1.      He goes to his inbox but it is empty, because the
requisition
> has
> >already been approved.
> >
> >I suspect the message is generated at the time the workitem
goes to the
> >inbox, and that the messages stays queued until the person
logs in the
> next
> >time.  However since the approver already processed the
item, the

_
http://mobile.msn.com

************
> *******
> http://www.itnetplc.com
>
> Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual and not
> necessarily those of ITNET plc and/or its subsidiaries. This
email and
> any
> files transmitted with it, including replies and forwarded
copies (which
> may
> contain alterations) subsequently transmitted from ITNET plc
and/or its
> subsidiaries, are confidential and solely for the use of the
intended
> recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
> responsible
> for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that
you have
> received
> this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.
>
> If you have received this email in error please notify ITNET
Customer
> Service Centre by telephone on +44 (0)121 683 4043 or via
email to
> csc.com at itnetplc.com, including a copy of this message.
Please then