Schedule a job to run Ad hoc query and save to local automati cally

Roehlen, Peter PRoehlen at powercor.com.au
Tue Jan 29 19:16:34 EST 2002

Hi Julian,

I'm not sure that is a workflow question, but anyway....

It is my understanding that it is not possible to schedule a job and have
the output saved to a local drive.  Local drives exist on what is
technically known as the presentation server (or front-end) and access to it
is only available through the SAPgui.  Therefore a program needs to be
running in foreground on the SAPgui in order for it to transfer data to the
presentation server.  Background jobs run on the application server without
a SAPgui session.

You may be able to achieve a similar result by either:

1) having your program send the results via mail
2) write the results to the application server file system and ftp it from
there.

Regards

Peter Roehlen
Team Lead - SAP Technical & Development