Binding interfeer between two different workflows

de Valensart Schoenmaeckers, Patrick deValensartSchoenmaeckers.Patrick at pmintl.ch
Fri Jan 25 09:36:24 EST 2002

Hi workflowers,

Here is a never-seen problem :

I have two "homemade" workflow templates running in the same system : one
for approval of PR and one for FI invoices. In the first one, at some stage
an online synchronous task using a homemade method is called. In the second
one also, but with a different task and a different method (different object
type).

Here is where it goes wrong :

- Binding Workflow-task of workflow A is called in workflow B (e.g. I have a
multiline container element INV_DECISION in task for Workflow A, in which I
send the text 'Approve' and the text 'Litigation' via binding workflow to
task, and a multiline element PR_DECISION in the task used for workflow B,
in which I send the text 'Approve' and the text 'Refuse' via binding
workflow to task. When executing the workitem created by the synchronous
task in workflow A, I see the texts that are normally sent by workflow B!!!)
This happens only sometimes (randomly?), and I do not find why.

- When I execute a workitem (from Outlook SAP MAPI), the first one goes OK.
But when I execute another one just after with the same user, the user is
still logged in the system (dialog-RFC connection) altough the previous
workitem is completed, which is normal. The workitem I execute at that time
then completes automatically (without stopping into the screens where it
should stop normally), and the task returns the same results (export
parameters from task to workflow) than the first workitem. This happens even
if the first workitem is created by workflow A, and the second is created by
workflow B, and vice-versa.

It looks like there is a big mess in the runtime containers. How can that
come?

Has anybody had the same kind of weird problem?

I am on release 40B.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Patrick de Valensart
Associate IS Analyst