Sending external Email 2

Parag Joshi paragjoshi at ureach.com
Wed Jan 23 14:48:24 EST 2002

Hi Martin & Thomas,

SAP office has facility to send emails via SAPConnect.
SAPConnect administrates connection through SAP Internet Mail
Gateway, which in turn sends out messages via SMTP protocol.

So your SAP client should be setup for SAPConnect/Mail Gateway.
SAPoffice (SO_object_xxxx) automaitcally calls SAPconnect for
relevant INT messages.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Parag Joshi.
Senior SAP Consultant. Workflow/Interfaces(EDI/ALE/EBP/APO)
3S Inc USA.
Tel: 317-640-1115

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Thomas Maue (Thomas.B.Maue at pmusa.com) wrote:

> Martin,
>
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> I found this setting during my search also but it does not
affect my
> problem.
> It was 'not checked' during my testing.
>
> When I tried checking it on, here is what happens from a
dialog screen:

> You do not have authorization to send to Internet user address
>
>     Message no. SO 683
>
> The programs and Workflow processes were not affected.
>
> I also tried the "no external send via address management" in
the send
> restrictions.  No luck.
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas Maue
> Workflow Consultant

WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

> > Sent by:    SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
> >

> > To:    SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> > cc:
> > Subject:    Sending external Email
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > Ran into something I have never seen before and was
wondering
> > if anyone could help.  Am working in a 4.5B environment.
> >
> > Want to send a message from SAP to an external email
address that
> > does not exist in SAP address management.  Have done this
many
> > times before and not had a problem - with Workflow using
SELFITEM
> > and programs using SO_ function modules.
> >
> > Here, I am receiving a error and the message is not sent
unless the
> > Recipient email address I use is contained in address
management