SD Billing Documents

Johns, Ron E RJohns at powercor.com.au
Wed Jan 23 05:54:07 EST 2002

Workflow Experts,

In our Business we have a requirement to manage SD Billing Documents with
Workflow.
In laymens terms the requirement is to have an event at Billing Document
creation trigger a Workflow.
It is intended to forward the Billing Document to the Billing document
creator if the items are not cleared by the due date.

To meet this requirement I have planned the following:
A step would have a Required Start Date of the due date for payment of all
Billing Document Items in the Billing Document (or the earlist due date of
any of the Billing Document Items). This step would forward the Billing
Document to the "created by" user for follow up at the Required Start Date
of the step.
The terminating event for the first step would be an "all items at Cleared"
Status.

My problem is that I am not particularly familiar with SD and am having
difficulty with the following:
Which Object should I use for the Workflow?
How / where does SAP record item status's (it seems to be determined at
runtime of reports)?
How would I create an Event for the required Status?

Has anyone done anything similar? Even if someone has managed individual
items in a Billing Document your advice would be most welcome.

Regards,

Ron Johns
Team Lead - SAP Operational Business Services
Phone: (03 53272476), 0419 568 946

Powercor Australia Ltd. This email and any file attachments are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please tell us immediately by return email and delete the
document.