Stop deadline handling during runtime

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Tue Jan 15 03:24:42 EST 2002

Frank,

thinking about this a bit more, I would still advocate not to try to
surgically alter the inner workings of the workflow engine, which would, I
assume, give you problems no end, and cost you a lot of time to boot.

I could imagine this the following way: The first step in the modelled
deadline step checks if it is one of those exceptions, and if it is so, you
set a flag which you test in the branch that follows the event "workitem
obsolete" of your main workitem. Then, you can lopp around to the original
item again. The user would not see anything, apart from the fact that the
workitem disappears and re-appears in a "clean" state directly thereafter.
That should allow you to model the behaviour you like.

Might this work?

Regards,
Stephan