MAPI Avoidance Design Question

Lola Oluwa Lola.Oluwa at outokumpu.net
Fri Jan 11 02:38:54 EST 2002

HI,
I believe what you need to do as a first step is to check wether SAPCONNECT
is configured in your system. If it is:
1)  you need to assign a valid email address to your background user:
WF-BATCH.
2) You could add a parallel / or next task to your SAP notification mail.
You first need to extract the SAP user email address from thier user master
(this is doable with a standard SAP  function).
3) Create a send mail task (using the wizard), select internet mail and
assign the email from the previous step to the container element,
AddressStrings.

Hope that helps.

Lola.

                    "Martinek, Jerry"
                    <Jerry.Martinek at icbc        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    .com>                       cc:     (bcc: Lola Oluwa/Outokumpuext)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     MAPI Avoidance Design Question
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    11.01.2002 00:06
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hello, I need help with solving what I believe is a fairly common workflow
design issue.

My issue is how should I define a workflow step so that when it generates
and sends the required WI (that's the straightforward part) it will also,
at the same time, to the same agent(s) send an associated notifaction for
that WI?

The plan is that the work item would stay within the users SAP inbox while
the notification would make its way into the agents Outlook inbox.
Currently, all SAP generated notifications/mails are redirected to Outlook.
The user could then launch BWSP via the url and execute the assigned
approval/WI.

Why? It's a WEB based manager expense approval scenario, have a single
corporate inbox policy - Outlook,  don't want to use MAPI, and need to
minimize the number of systems the user needs to log into (ie. MAPI and
ITS) in order to execute the WI.

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

We are currently on the latest 46c functional and 46d basis versions.

Thanking in advance,
Jerry Martinek