MAPI Avoidance Design Question

Martinek, Jerry Jerry.Martinek at icbc.com
Thu Jan 10 17:06:09 EST 2002

Hello, I need help with solving what I believe is a fairly common workflow
design issue.

My issue is how should I define a workflow step so that when it generates
and sends the required WI (that's the straightforward part) it will also, at
the same time, to the same agent(s) send an associated notifaction for that
WI?

The plan is that the work item would stay within the users SAP inbox while
the notification would make its way into the agents Outlook inbox.
Currently, all SAP generated notifications/mails are redirected to Outlook.
The user could then launch BWSP via the url and execute the assigned
approval/WI.

Why? It's a WEB based manager expense approval scenario, have a single
corporate inbox policy - Outlook,  don't want to use MAPI, and need to
minimize the number of systems the user needs to log into (ie. MAPI and ITS)
in order to execute the WI.

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

We are currently on the latest 46c functional and 46d basis versions.

Thanking in advance,
Jerry Martinek