Permanent deadline monitoring job

Kjetil Kilhavn KJETILK at statoil.com
Wed Jan 9 03:51:17 EST 2002

We run it every 15 minutes
The last three days (Monday untill today) there are two runs of more than two
minutes, 159 and 221 seconds. Most jobs (probably around 90%) run somewhere
between 0 and 15 seconds. Then there is a bunch running between 15 and 40
seconds and very few running more than 40 seconds.
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+------------------------------>
|        |          Chris Huff          |
|        |          <Chris_Huff at HomeDepo|
|        |          t.com>              |
|        |          Sent by: SAP        |
|        |          Workflow            |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM|
|        |          A.MIT.EDU>          |
|        |                              |
|        |                              |
|        |          07.01.2002 21:54    |
|        |          Please respond to   |
|        |          "SAP Workflow Users'|
|        |          Group"              |
|        |                              |
|--------+------------------------------>
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                        |
  |       Subject:     Permanent deadline monitoring job                       |

Can anyone offer any "best practices" or recommendation for how often the
deadline monitoring job (SWWDHEX) should run?
This job kicks off all of our "Waiting" workitems and is currently set to
schedule itself to run 90 minutes after the last job.  I am thinking I want to
reduce this to 30 minutes or less.

Any thoughts/lessons learned?

Thanks!
Chris
Home Depot I.S.

Statoil: The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this
message.
Thank you.