PO Workflow Release Indicators

Drosoula Kalavriotis Drosoula.Kalavriotis at colesmyer.com.au
Mon Jan 7 17:23:24 EST 2002

Hi Monique,
I recently investigated the configuration related to Release/Changeability
indicators (OMGQ/S).

Using a Changeability Indicator of 4 (Changeable, new release in case of new
strat. or value change) with a tolerance of x% of the order's value means
that:

        Changes (within tolerance) made to an order after release are not
subjected to a release strategy.

        Changes (outside tolerance) made to an order after release and prior
to output are subjected to a release strategy.

        Changes (outside tolerance) made to an order after release and
output are not subjected to a release strategy. Therefore, where orders are
auto-outputted, changes are possible without being subjected to a release
strategy.

Reference to OSS note 47716 indicates that Changeability Indicator 6
(Changeable, new rel. if new strat. or value change/ouputted) can be used to
prevent changes being made to an order that has been both released and
outputted. I tested this and it worked as expected. The release that was
previously effected was reset (even though the order had been ouputted).

I hope this helps....

Cheers,

Drosoula Kalavriotis
SAP Security Analyst