Transport proposal

Van der Burg, Jeroen JA SITI-ITPSEE Jeroen.J.vanderBurg at si.shell.com
Thu Jan 3 05:03:06 EST 2002

First, best wishes for 2002 to the group! May it bring happiness, love and
prosperity (and of course the really important stuff: succesful wf
implementations!)

Hi Kamaraj,

I did set up a system for this. Have a look at the docu, it is pretty much
self explanatory. The difficulty is that you have to set up a master system
in your system landscape to be able to handle the cross-system transports.
This is the system where the workflow is actually running on, although you
can create transport proposals on all the other systems in your landscape.

If you have done it correctly you will see the wf logs only on your master
system, not in the others. Usually you would want to use the most stable
system in your environment as your master.

You can find all documentation here:
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas610/helpdata/en/e1/8e51341a06084de10000009b
38f83b/frameset.htm and search for 'transport workflow'.

or, if you are really lazy:
Procedure

To configure the transport workflow:

Log on to the SAP System that functions as the transport domain controller.
Call Transaction STMS and then choose  to display the system overview.
Choose  to display the transport domain.
Choose the tab Workflow Engine.
Switch to change mode by choosing  and select the option Local domain under
Location.
Under RFC address, enter the SAP System, the client, and the target host for
your Workflow Engine. Save your entries and distribute the configuration
change. Log on to the system that is to be configured as the Workflow
Engine. The system performs the following actions:
Creates the user TMSADM_WF
Generates the RFC destinations required for the Workflow Engine
Sends all systems in the transport domain the address data of the Workflow
Engine
Performs workflow Customizing in the Workflow Engine
Check the Workflow RFC connection.

Regards,

Jeroen