Workflow and TMS

Jody Chassereau drcakes at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 28 11:19:35 EST 2002

Sue,

I wasn't sure if you still had questions on why there are 2 standard
workflows delivered for TMS.  WS30000524 is used when TMS configuration of
the workflow engine is set for automatic user assignment.  WS71000008 is
triggered when the user assignment is based on responsibility.  You will
note that the only differences in the templates themselves is in the agent
assignment for some of the tasks.

Of course, for us, we needed a custom template, so I had to make the
modification to the one variable that we were hitting (automatic).  We ended
up using the workflow wizard for "choose agent" so that people could pick a
user from a list of names and have the proposal route to them for the
approval levels we needed.

I do have one question though that maybe somebody could answer.  We use a
lot of general tasks and I am accustomed to going in as the administrator
and removing items from Inboxes if necessary.  Now that I have a task that
is linked to a specific Security role, I can no longer perform the functions
on a work item for these (like reserve, change, etc.).  I don't want to have
this Security role assigned to me, because I shouldn't show up in the list
of names to choose from.  How can I still manage the occasional need to
alter the work item?

Thanks...
Jody Chassereau
drcakes at hotmail.com