WF_Batch

Dale Davis dkdavis at us.ibm.com
Mon Feb 25 11:58:03 EST 2002

For your scenarios:

A.Deleted  dialog userid. The way this works depends on your role
resolution.
1. For Dynamic role resolution using standard roles
      > Where the 'terminate if role resolution has no result'  flag  is
set on,the workflow goes into error status.
      > Where the 'terminate if role resolution has no result' flag  is
off , the workflow does not go into error status. The workitem is created
and remains unassigned.
2.For simple role resolution based on positions, the workflow does not go
into error status. The workitem is created and remains unassigned.
3.For simple role resolution based on job or organization assignments to
the task , the workflow will not go into error status  but will broadcast
to all possible agents.

B.If user is locked, wf still goes to user's inbox if user is a dialog
user.
    If user is a background user, like WF-BATCH, you will have RFC errors
and errors in workflow customizing.

Regards,
Dale Davis Jones
IBM / SAP Certified
Senior SAP Workflow & PP Consultant - SAP Practice

IBM Global Services
Phone: 919-543-7678
               T/L 8-441-7678
  Internet Address: DKDAVIS at US.IBM.COM

.......You can never discover new oceans unless you have the courage to
lose sight of the shore..........

"Raskin, Alon (Soliance)" <ARaskin at cps-satx.com>@MITVMA.MIT.EDU> on
02/25/2002 10:46:23 AM

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

Sent by:    SAP Workflow <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>

To:    SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
cc:
Subject:    Re: WF_Batch

Hi Everyone,

There has been all these discussions recently around User IDs. I have some
of my own
1. If a position only contains one User ID and that User ID has been
deleted
in the User Master, what happens? My guess is that the workflow errors but
let me know otherwise.
2. What if the User ID is not deleted but simply locked. Will the Workflow
still go to that person's inbox?

Alon Raskin
Workflow Advisor - Soliance
(xtn. 3183)