send mail with attached objects

Raskin, Alon (Soliance) ARaskin at cps-satx.com
Mon Feb 18 11:39:40 EST 2002

Hi Daviel,

Here is an old email that Jocelyn Dart (thanks Jocelyn!) sent me a =
while
back regarding this issue.

Regards,

Alon Raskin

Hi Alon,
There are a series of API function modules for SAPOffice that you can
use to do this. e.g. SO_DOCUMENT_INSERT_API.

You need as a minimum a folder, the document type and the document =
data.

For an object the document type is OBJ.

Fill the document_data parameter, field description with the title of =
the
document.

Fill the object_header table, add a row with object type and object key
using structure SOXOBJ.    (You can specify a method - if you don't it =
will
use the default method, usually "display").

You need to put the document in a folder, if you use fm =
SO_USER_READ_API1
with user-sapname =3D their R/3 userid, it will return the folders =
(inbox,
outbox, private) for that user in the correct format. I'd suggest =
putting
it in their private folder.

To use it in workflow you'll need to include it in a method
- I'd suggest creating a subtype of SOFM and delegating it.

Then you can return the resulting document id as a SOFM object, and =
pass it
your sendtaskdescription step.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (EBP, BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267
Fax: +61 2 9935 4880