Problem using table reference on event parameter.

Kimball, Schuyler schuyler.kimball at sap.com
Thu Dec 19 11:48:06 EST 2002

Hi Cheryl,
Since SAP has said that the multiline event parameter is not available on your release, let's look at other ways that you could handle this (you'll need to verify that these suggestions will work on your release and will meet your needs).

By creating a new multiline virtual attribute on the business object (instead of having the same information in a multiline element of the event container), you could perform actions after the event occurs:

*  If the event is triggering a response within a workflow, you can begin with a Wait For Event step, and then once the event occurs, use the virtual attribute to retrieve the values you need, e.g. by using a Container Operation step to set the value of a multiline element in the workflow container.

*  If the event triggers a workflow, you could use the same virtual attribute in a check function module (this would involve ABAP development).

I hope this covers the scenarios you need.
Regards,
  Sky

Sky Kimball
Senior Technical Consultant