Problem using table reference on event parameter.

Knott, Cheryl c-knott at ti.com
Thu Dec 19 11:04:36 EST 2002

I am attempting to change an event parameter that has been in production for
> 4 years on release 4.0B.  The reference table is VBAPVB and there is no
reference field (the entire structure is passed).  I would like to change
the event parameter to multi-line.

I cannot save the multi-line change due to an error OL372 - 'Please enter
reference field'.

Here is the response I received from SAP:
" It is not possible to specify an event parameter as a table until later
releases. If you wish to specify a table you could use the services of
remote consulting, however, this is a billable service. See attached
notes."     (notes are 84044 and 48204 re:consulting services)

I had no problem changing the method or workflow task parameters to
multi-line.  They also specify only the reference table without the
reference field.

It seems that this must have been a capability at some point, since the
event parameter specifies only a reference table in the production system.

I appreciate your insight and suggestions.

Best Regards,
Cheryl Knott