Setting up the Org Chart - Config & Master Data

Abby Dywan abby.dywan at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 4 15:04:55 EST 2002

Hi all -

I have noticed something over the past few days as we are preparing our
training for end users prior to go live and need to know if I need to be
worried about this.

We have determined that we will construct the org chart, creating positions
and organizational units using transaction PPOMW (workflow org chart -
treats as configuration) and adding in users via PPOME (the HR org chart,
which treats users as master data).

What's odd is that in our training environment, every time we seem to make
a transport into the org chart with new positions/ org units / whatever, it
appears to wipe out all the master data (users).  I haven't noticed this
issue in our QA environment or in our Dev client, but that may simply be
because we don't have the same volume of users... it's much lower in those
clients.

I would hate to have to re-populate the org chart in production with users
every time we add or change a position... it would become extremely time
consuming.  Is this problem just a figment of my imagine - or DOES config
org chart changes wipe out anything established via master data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks so much!
Abby  :)