AW: Problems with timing issues - WFs CFM starts before DB commit s

Becker Stephan (extern) Stephan.Becker.ext at mchw.siemens.de
Thu Aug 29 12:15:29 EDT 2002

Rick,

Excellent question for a newbie, to get as far as you writing that mail =
took
me months of investigating some years ago, and tons of conversations =
with
SAP, not to forget the hours of debugging.. but here's what I learned:

You can't do the wait, because the CFM runs in the context of the =
caller.
E.g. if the CFM happens to be third in the update stack for that =
particular
transaction, and the update function module that writes the data you =
want to
read is in fourth position, then a wait step would only hold up the =
whole
processing, but no further updates would be made during the wait. It's =
like
you're waiting in line in front of someone's door, but the someone =
you're
waiting for is actually in the same line just behind you..=20

Possible solution: Pass the info you need in the event parameter =
container;
if it's a SAP standard event you're using, you'd need a modification =
(with
probably the best reasoning for a modification in a long time), or you =
could
ask SAP to make the change for you (don't hold your breath *g), or you =
could
instead raise a custom event in a suitable exit and pass the =
information
yourself..

Hth,
Stephan