Workflow complexity

Pokraka, Michael michael.pokraka at kcc.com
Thu Aug 29 05:11:01 EDT 2002

Thanks all for your most valuable input, and seeing as nobody mentioned
anything falling over I'll assume my stability concern is not a problem :-)
I've taken your suggestions on board and will evaluate feasibility.

Tomasz: you scenario is exactly the same - material master creation. The
issues that force most things into the main WF are dependencies: x needs to
have y completed before they can do their bit. The info the client wants is
of course nothing like the Mat. Master views - rather an agent will fill in
e.g. 6 fields across 4 views (read: develop custom screens), as well as a
LOT of custom data (including documents, spreadsheets etc.)
Another twist to the story is that customer wants to create a few materials
in one workflow, entering common data only once. Our client has a long and
unusual shopping list for this project!

Thanks again to all
Michael