Event creation for position

R Tannert tnn at ornl.gov
Tue Aug 27 10:36:56 EDT 2002

Kamaraj,

Since PDOTYPE_S has no events defined for it, I'll assume you created
a subtype, e.g. ZPDOTYPE_S, with a CREATED event, and defined your
subtype as a delegation type for PDOTYPE_S.  If you haven't done this
yet, you'll need to.  The online help for this process is good.

OSS note 307663 gives a better explanation of the procedure for
generating workflow events from HR updates than the online help does,
I think.  Here are a few points to keep in mind:

1) You need to "activate workflow event linkage" for HR updates.  Use
transaction OOWFAC or IMG path Personnel Management -> Global
Settings in Personnel Management -> Business Workflow Events ->
Activate Event Linkage (at least that's the path in 4.6C).

2) You should be creating table entries in T779X rather than T779W.
T779W is for use by SAP, T779X is for use by the customer.

3) As an alternative to specifying the workflow event directly in
T779X, you can specify a function module that calls SWE_EVENT_CREATE
to generate the event, in case you want to generate the event only in
certain circumstances.  This is described in detail in the OSS note.
Be aware that the function module interface for PA objects must be
identical to that of HR_EVENT_RULES_PA0000, while the function module
interface for PD objects (as in your case) must be identical to that
of HR_EVENT_OT_NNNN_UUUU_TEMPLATE.

hth,

Rob