Starting a background job with a background method

Dale Davis dkdavis at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 20 10:10:38 EDT 2002

Has anyone ever used a background method to submit a background job and
used  the status of that job to allow the workflow to continue?If yes,
please advise on how you managed error handling.
I have been asked to evaluate doing this to address a performance problem
with one of our mass processing background methods which today uses a
submit program. This program times out before the task is completed in one
of our emerging geographies even though it works successfully  in other
geographies. Basis has not been able to resolve the performance problem.

Regards,
Dale Davis Jones
IBM / SAP Certified
Senior SAP Workflow & PP Consultant - SAP Practice

IBM Global Services
Phone: 919-543-7678
               T/L 8-441-7678
  Internet Address: DKDAVIS at US.IBM.COM

.......You can never discover new oceans unless you have the courage to
lose sight of the shore..........