Performance (killer?)

Zmudzin,Tomasz,VEVEY,GL-DS/DM Tomasz.Zmudzin at nestle.com
Tue Aug 20 08:58:13 EDT 2002

Robert,

there are other, more elegant ways of handling this:

1. You can use a so-called Check-Function Module in the event coupling. This
function module is started BEFORE the workflow gets instantiated. If it
raises an exception, no workflow is triggered. Within this FM you can also
read the event parameters and you can do any processing you wish, so it's
quite powerful.
2. If you're on 4.6c and your decision is based on a field reachable from
the event container, you can use the "Workflow start conditions" which are a
simplified version of 1.

Kind regards,
Tomasz