ESS Travel Expenses

John A Haworth jhoworth at csc.com
Tue Aug 20 06:34:20 EDT 2002

Hi Workflowers

Any advice and pointers would be most welcome.

I am about to start looking at producing a workflow that will automate the
Travel expenses approval procedure, initiated within R3 by transaction
PR05. I believe that the users will initiate this via ESS, and that some of
the approvers will not be R3 users.
Having no knowledge of ESS, a couple of questions, how/what will the event
be that is to start the workflow and what are the mechanisms that allow the
ESS event to be recognised.
Is there anything particular I have to take account of through the use of
ESS.
Will the non R3 approvers need to have a R3 account in order to execute
Workitems, or does having ESS somehow negate this.

Kind Regards

John