Object Services for Custom Object?

Jim Sauceman sauceman at utk.edu
Fri Apr 26 10:16:25 EDT 2002

We created a custom business object and a workflow for it that works very
well. However, there is an additional feature we would like to activate.
For most workflow-enabled documents, one can click on
System-->Workflow-->Workflow overview and see the associated Workflow Log
for a document. This feature appears to fall under the category of "Generic
Object Services". I found documentation that said we need to "publish the
application document" by calling function module SWU_OBJECT_PUBLISH. We do
this immediately after the document's CREATE Event is raised. Debug shows
that we successfully call this routine and it inserts a record into a
table. For some reason, the Workflow overview feature still does not work
for these documents.

Has anyone developed a custom business object and implemented this feature?
Does anyone have any hints or suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Jim Sauceman ...................... sauceman at utk.edu
University of Tennessee ................ Voice: (865) 974-2448
OIT Computer System Services ....... Fax: (865) 974-4810
Manager of Campus Database Administration
Project IRIS Workflow Team Leader