Suggested Reading

LAKEKIM lakekim at trigem.co.kr
Wed Apr 3 03:07:49 EST 2002

Please forward a copy to me as well.

Thanks and regards.

Kim Ho-Soo

lakekim at trigem.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jensen, Ralph [mailto:ralph.jensen at sap.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 4:31 AM
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Suggested Reading

Fellow Workflow Gurus,

I came across a great resource on Workflow Modeling that I want to share
with the group.  The book is titled, "Workflow Modeling, Tools for Process
Improvement and Application Development" by Alec Sharp and Patric McDermont.
Artech House Publishing at www.artechhouse.com .

The authors hit on the approach, framing the process, conducting initial
assessments, considering the environment, swim line diagrams, techniques for
modeling the as-is process, characterizing the to-be process and use case
scenario analysis.

This text has helped me to become a more effective Workflow consultant as I
am more prepared to walk into a process meeting and tear apart the processes
and get business owners to realize the difference between "workflow" and
business process.  Once we nail down the "to-be" processes, the final
workflow definition and modeling was more effective and also turned the
weight of the process definitions back on the business owners.

Regards,

Ralph Jensen
Technical Consultant/CRM
Professional Services Organization