Security for Inbox Layout Changes

Landry, Marcel MLandry at nbpower.com
Fri Sep 28 14:20:35 EDT 2001

Thanks Dave !  Good suggestion.

I did find the authorization object for changes to the layouts using TX
STO1. The Auth object is S_ALV_LAYO.
There is only one activity on this object, it is Activity 23 - Maintain.

I since found out that all users on our development system had this
authorizatin object, and could therefore overwrite globally defined layouts.

By removing this Authorization object, the users can still change layouts,
but can only save them as 'user-specific' layouts, thus preserving the
production layouts.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Marcel
NB Power.