Event Queues - Comments on Pros & Cons?

Baeuerle, Stefan stefan.baeuerle at sap.com
Thu Sep 20 03:34:45 EDT 2001

Hi Andrew,

if you just want to use the event queue to handle the errors in your event
receivers, you don't have to activate the queue. You just have to set the
error behaviour to a state other than "deactivate the linkage". This can be
done in the event-queue-administration for all linkages that use the default
or for each linkage in detail (settings of the event-linkage).
If the behaviour on errors is set to "mark linkage as having errors" or "do
not change linkage", than events for a given receiver are returned into the
queue if an error occurs (wheather the queue is active or not). You can
restart these receivers from the event-queue-administration.

If you use start conditions that force the receiver not to be started, this
receiver will never be inserted into the event queue. The queue just handles
the receivers that should be started for a given event.

best regards,
Stefan