Event Queues - Comments on Pros & Cons?

Rickayzen, Alan alan.rickayzen at sap.com
Thu Sep 20 03:26:36 EDT 2001

Hi Andrew,
I go into more detail about the recommendations about when to use the =
event
queue and when not to in the "what's new to 6.10" virtual classroom
presentation in SAPNet. I admit this is the last place that you'd =
expect
information about older Releases but there you have it.
=20
Only the events that error out within the receiver are added to the =
error
queue. E.g. problems starting the flow because the object does not yet =
exist
or a table space filled up. The evaluation of the check functions =
including
start conditions takes place beforehand so if the condition is false =
(or
your check routine returns an exception) the event is not added to the
queue.=20
=20
I'm not sure why you would want to restart events where they have been
configured to evaporate without any consequences (via the conditions). =
For
debugging purposes you can view such events in the event trace but =
there'd
be little point in restarting them.
=20
Kind regards,