Document Imaging & Workflow

Jody Chassereau drcakes at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 22:38:45 EDT 2001

Thanks to all who replied about handling this configuration.  I was always
told by the team providing the content manager solution that some parts were
not transportable and that opening up config in each system was the only way
to do this efficiently.  I have been able to set everything up directly and
with transports as suggested here, so obviously they weren't entirely
correct.

It sure seems like a lot of work to align 3 environments (plus a potential
4th for Training clients), especially considering the many different doc
types we are defining (to provide expanded descriptions in the Inbox for
processors).  But at least we now have things in QA.

I will ask one workflow-related question on this: what is the best way to
deal with incoming image work items in an SAP inbox that are determined
unnecessary to process into R/3?  I know I can delete them as an
administrator, but that doesn't seem practical - and the users cannot delete
a work item not completed.  I don't think there is a Wait for event step
that would help here to terminate the workflow.  I could only think of a
Latest End deadline to finally get rid of something after a period of time,
but I don't think that will meet their needs as well.  Any ideas on this?  I
think the task is based off the standard TS30001128 for the IMAGE object, I
believe.

Thanks again...
Jody Chassereau
drcakes at hotmail.com