Demonstration of what is new to WebFlow in Release 6.10

Rickayzen, Alan alan.rickayzen at sap.com
Thu Sep 13 10:39:32 EDT 2001

Jody,
Sorry for the delay. I hadn't noticed this mail before.

I'm glad that you found the presentation helpful and I can confirm that =
the
RULE_RESULT does exactly what you describe and that this was not =
available
before 6.10. There's always a lag between what the user groups request =
and
when it gets implemented.

A generic method to do this prior to 6.10 is difficult. The cheapest
alternative is to add an attribute to your business object that returns =
the
result of the agent determination rule (formerly role).  This is only =
an
approximation as it's just possible that the agent determination rule =
finds
users that are not assigned to the task and hence won't appear as =
selected
agents.=20

In some cases technical restrictions may force you to use a method =
instead
of an attribute but the algorithm is roughly the same.=20

The advantage in doing it this way is that you can query the attribute
before or during the step execution so that you can use the results =
while
the step is executing (e.g. deadline handling or e-mail notifications).
Filling a container element with the export binding when the work item =
has
finished is often too late.

Kind regards,

Alan Rickayzen