sendtaskdescription now creating workitems????

Cristy Calhoun cristy_calhoun at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 10:13:10 EDT 2001

Hi Alan,

I did a poor job of explaining my problem...

Before when I would use sendtaskdescription it would
always (in the background) create a non-dialog inbox
message.  The message would show up in the inbox as a
document not a work item.

Now sendtaskdescription (4.6C) is creating a dialog
workitem for each recipient.

I am not receiving any errors.  The workflow works.
The only problem is that I am sending a notification
to several people on a distribution list.  I want to
send a dialog workitem because then the first person
that executes it will delete it from all the other
mailboxes.

I can get around the problem by looping through the
recipients using 'par for each' functionality.  This
would create an independant dialog workitem for each
recipient.  The problem here is that the recipient
loses the functionality of looking at the complete
list of recipients.

So am I just crazy since I thought that
sendtaskdescriptino used to send out just a text
message?

Thanks!
Cristy