sendtaskdescription now creating workitems????

Rickayzen, Alan alan.rickayzen at sap.com
Mon Oct 15 09:24:06 EDT 2001

Hi Cristy,
Sendtaskdescription always created a work item (background), and this work
item sent the mail. This behaviour has not changed.
However in 4.6c there is a new step type called send mail. Although this
step type does nothing more than generate the correct sendtaskdescription it
does have the advantage that the step shows up in the workflow builder/log
with the mail icon rather than an action icon which is helpful.

Is your work item terminating properly or does it remain "in process" or is
it created as a dialog item? There might be a problem with the mail
interface.

Alan Rickayzen