Background task does not complete

Cristy Calhoun cristy_calhoun at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 08:52:36 EDT 2001

Hi Robin,

I used to have this problem all the time when I would
use a background step of a workflow to run a BDC.
Although the BDC would preform perfectly in the
background, the task would never complete.

To get around the problem, I would make the background
task asynchronous and use a terminating event.  Then
in the Function Module called by the object method
(not in the object method because it never goes back
there) I would evaluated the BDC run, If it ran
properly I would use swe_event_create to trigger a
success terminating event, otherwise I would trigger a
failure terminating event.

Hope this helps,
Cristy Calhoun

--- Robin Sahasranam <Rsahasranam at worldbank.org>