Event Trace

Rankin, Andrew AJ Andrew.J.Rankin at BHPBilliton.com
Tue Oct 9 18:58:38 EDT 2001

Hi Casey,

Regarding Workflow for acceptance of Service Entry Sheets, you already know that there is no standard workflow for this. We have developed a workflow for the approval of entrysheets basically from scratch. To do this we had to createa  number of new events for BUS2091 - we used changed documents to drive several events that the workflow needs to know about.
Events:
CREATE already exists for BUS2091 and is generated from within the ML81 code

You need to create change document event creation (use Chg doc type ENTRYSHEET) for
ACCEPTED - to include a wait step if the acceptance takes place at any time
RESETACCCEPTED - use as a triggering event in case the acceptance is revoked later
VALUECHANGED - may be required if you want to reassess the approving agent based on the fact that someone changed the entry sheet value before it was approved
DELETED - to include a wait step if the entry sheet is deleted at any stage
You could also create events for when the Entry sheet is blocked or unblocked if you want to prevent approval of entrysheets that are blocked.

We have the workflow operating successfully in production. Note that you may need to restrict authorisation to perform acceptance for users if you want to control the acceptance of entry sheets through workflow only.

Good Luck,
Andrew.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kjetil Kilhavn [mailto:KJETILK at statoil.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 9 October 2001 3:21
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Event Trace

Depending on the version of SAP it may be (can't remember for sure) that the
event log only displays events which has a connection, i.e. events for which
there is an enabled entry in the event linkage table. If I remember correctly
this was at least the situation in 3.1, not sure about 4.5. We are running 4.6
now, and all events are listed there (with or without receivers).
--
Kjetil Kilhavn

|--------+------------------------------------->
|        |          "Smith, Cassaundra"        |
|        |          <Cassaundra.Smith at anheuser-|
|        |          busch.com>                 |
|        |          Sent by: SAP Workflow      |
|        |          <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.E|
|        |          DU>                        |
|        |                                     |
|        |                                     |
|        |          05.10.2001 21:24           |
|        |          Please respond to "SAP     |
|        |          Workflow Users' Group"     |
|        |                                     |
|--------+------------------------------------->
  |       To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU                                       |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kjetil Kilhavn)                                        |
  |       Subject:     Event Trace                                             |

Dear Workflowers:

I am trying to see if SAP already triggers an event.  I need to know if an event
is created via the system when a service entry sheet is approved.  I know you
can turn the event trace on and then perform the task and then turn the event
trace off and display the trace - but I don't think everything is setup
properly.  I turned the event trace on and performed a task that I know for a
fact creates an event in our production system and the trace did not pick it up.
So I am wondering if there is something else I need to do to get the event trace
to work properly.  In SAPs documentation, it says that the event trace is only
written if logging has been activated.  Does anyone know what this 'logging'
means?  I asked our BASIS folks thinking maybe some system logging has to be
turned on and they said they did not know what that was.  Has anyone out there
ever run into this problem ???  I would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Casey

Statoil: The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is
addressee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this
message.
Thank you.

EOM

NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for use by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein.  If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.