Workflow differences 3.1I to 4.6C

Roger Myers rmyers at hciww.com
Fri Nov 23 10:18:22 EST 2001

We've just upgraded to 4.6C from 3.1I.

We have been using workflow for a number of years in 3.1I. Two of our
productive workflows utilize object subtypes. One is a subtype of BUS2032
the other is a subtype of VBRK.

Following the upgrade, the workflows based on the subtype of BUS2032
continued to work with no modification. The workflow based on the subtype of
VBRK failed. Each workflow specifically referenced the subtype object
(object & method) in the workflow tasks and as triggering events.

After a number of tries I managed to get the VBRK workflow functioning by
referencing the parent object in the workflow tasks and as the triggering
event. To my surprise, the sub object's events were available to the parent.
I suspect none of this is news to any of you on 4.6C.

My purpose here is to discover if there any other land mines that I need to
look out for.

All responses are truly appreciated.

R Myers
Brenntag Canada
416-503-6873

the hciww.com system manager by forwarding this email to
postmaster at hciww.com

Norton AntiVirus for Internet Email Gateway for the presence of
computer viruses.