Text variable not replaced in work item...

Søren Skjødt sosk at astongroup.com
Thu Nov 8 08:26:55 EST 2001

Hi experts,

We have constructed a workflow, which is activated upon goods receipt, =
and=20
working on object type MSEG. The first task is based on method
SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCIPTION, and the task description contains several =
text
variables. Basically this workflow works fine. However, we experience
an error concerning the replacement of one specific text variable in =
the
task description. When entering the workflowlog via SWI2_FREQ and =
looking at
the work item generated, the text variable in question has not been
replaced; in stead the work item text reads:
<materialdocument.materialdescription not found>.

However, when exiting the workitem (F3) into the workflow log, and
reentering the workitem (by double-clicking in the log) the text =
variable is
replaced by the actual material description as it should.

Furthermore, (and this is when its getting strange) if we now exit
transaction SWI2_FREQ altogether, and enter it once more, and once more
display the work item, the variable is no longer replaced by the =
material
description - and again if we now exit and display the work item once =
more,
the text is without errors.

The remaining text variables based on attributes to MSEG are replaced
correctly.=20

I would really appreciate any and all suggestions!!

Thanks in advance,
S=F8ren Skj=F8dt