Purchase Requisition REJECTED event raised repeatedly

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Tue Nov 6 11:45:15 EST 2001

We have implemented a modified verison of WS20000077 Overall release of
requisition in 4.0b. In this the requisition releaser can reject a requisition
in ME54, which raises the event BUS2105 REJECTED, which is one of the
terminating events for the release step (TS20000159). When this happens the
Requisitioner is sent a workitem  which allows the user to change the
requisition using ME52 (called from method INFORELEASEREJECTED). However, when
the user saves the requisition, the event REJECTED is raised again. I have
verified this in the Event Log. This causes the notification workflow to raise
another spurious rejection notification item in the requisitioner's inbox. In
our modified version the notifications are raised in a separate workflow.

Does anyone know of a way (OSS note, configuration option etc) to prevent the
creation of the REJECTED event a second time when a requisition is changed and
saved? I am very grateful for any help you can offer.

Robin Sahasranam
World Bank