ASUG Spring 2002 Conference - Speakers wanted !

Susan R. Keohan skeohan at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 2 10:41:59 EST 2001

Greetings Workflow/WebFlow Developers,

Are you aware that the Spring ASUG (2002) is quickly approaching?  This
conference will be held May 12 -15 in Anaheim (think Disneyland!). (For
more conference info, go to www.asug.com.) Last year, at the conference in
Miami, there were about 7000 attendees.  We hope to top that number this
year, but to do that, we need your help.

First off, have you considered giving a presentation for the
Workflow/WebFlow track?  There are many reasons to present at ASUG
conferences.  At the Spring Conference, you will receive a complimentary
registration if you are a speaker.  But beyond that, there are other
benefits to presenting at ASUG: challenging yourself, receiving industry
and peer recognition, and knowing you have given back to the community
which strives to support you in your day-to-day activities.  I strongly
encourage you to consider this opportunity.

The Workflow/WebFlow Board will be meeting to review topics for the Spring
Conference.   I have listed some of the topics below.   If you are
interested in volunteering to speak at the Spring Conference, please send
mail to skeohan at mit.edu.

Thank you for your attention,
Sue

1)      Workflow Management Coalition  a presentation by the Workflow
Management Coalition, a non-profit international organization dedicated to
promoting and developing the use of workflow through the development of
standards for interoperability, software terminology, and connectivity.

2)      Process Selection for Workflow/WebFlow  This was a very successful
session presented about 2 years ago by Tom Walker.  This presentation
should give attendees both an overview of how to determine if a process is
'workflow-able', but also the underlying reasons for choosing processes for
workflow.

3)      Implementing Standard Workflow Templates  This session would
ideally have 2 customers presenting.  They should tell the audience how to
select an appropriate standard template, when to use standard templates or
not, fit/gap analysis, and time to implement.

4)      Document Imaging with Workflow/WebFlow.

5)      Value Capture - we had envisioned having 2 sessions on this
topic.  One session which would have 2 customers showing how
Workflow/WebFlow improved their business processes, and one session on
'how-to' develop metrics for value capture.

6)      Intro to Workflow/WebFlow - This 'kick the tires' session provides
a general overview of Workflow/WebFlow, and is a great way for customers
who do not yet have workflow implemented to see what it can do.

       7)        WebFlow  New Developments in MySAP  This session would
include developments in APO, PLM, CRM, EBP, and SCM
8)      EBP with WebFlow  Case Studies - We would like to have 2 customers
talk about their EBP and WebFlow implementations.  We would also like to
have this be a joint session with Procurement.

9)      Guidelines for Authorizations and Security with WebFlow  This area
is always a little confusing for new workflow developers.  What
authorizations do users need to successfully execute their workflows?

10)      Workflow/Webflow from a user perspective.  What can I say.  Those
of you who were fortunate enough to see Dale's presentation in New Orleans
agreed.  This presentation rocked!

11)     Open Forum  - Formerly known as 'Stump the Experts' this session
has a panel of Workflow/WebFlow experts who want to answer your questions
about workflow!

12)     WebFlow integration with other applications.  We might like to have
two case studies of customers who had another product (without mentioning
the name) talk about how they got those systems integrated with SAP WebFlow.

13)     Workflow/WebFlow and Upgrades  How did you manage to survive a
major upgrade?  What are some of the pitfalls? How was your upgrade effort
landscaped and managed?  A lot of SAP customers are looking at upgrades
over the next year.  Let's share our valuable experiences!