Question about SAPforms with outlook

Wall, John MJ SITI-ISEA John.J.Wall at is.shell.com
Fri Nov 2 07:31:41 EST 2001

Dear All

I am really sorry to bother you all but I was hoping that someone can help
confirm something.

I am trying to send a message to Outlook and get the approve/reject buttons
to appear.  I am then hoping that the user will just have to press reject or
approve and a mail message will be sent bank into SAP where I can control
the workflow based on the subject of the email (as it will have 'approved'
or 'rejected' in the first few characters.

I am having trouble with calling the standard message for a setting the
buttons so I assume that I have to created my own form.

Do I have the correct syntax for the elements in the container;
The form element has a layout or <form file name>;<class name> and the form
type is <form file extension>;<application>    Is that correct?

I have created a file 'SAP_Sent.OFT' and have it stored in the
'SAPGUI\sapforms\forms\' directory and I have published it in a number of
folders (Inbox, Personal forms Library) but when ever I call
"SAP_Sent;IPM.Note.SAP.Sent" / "OFT;OUTLOOK" it states that the form is not
loaded.  (I can call the form manually in Outlook via the menu 'Actions >
New SAP Sent'.

I have run "WDFR3FH /a" and confirmed that the directories are stated
"...\SAPGUI\bin\;...\SAPGUI\sapforms\" but I am not able to set the Priority
to 'EXE' as I get the automation error -2147220969 (8004217).

So I have not been able to get the form to work unless I call the standard
type (Message;IPM.Note.Message) so therefore not able to get the
Approve/Reject Buttons to appear (due to the fact that I can call my form
and I don't know the parameter to set to get the Buttons).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
John Wall
Mob: +31 6 4801-2251,  Email: johnwall at iname.com