Workitems from terminated/transferred employees

Heinrich Bence sirheinbence at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 20 09:18:33 EDT 2001

Dear Greg

Workflow is in effect the flow of work. Being
based/mapped on real business processes, the first
question you should ask yourself is 'How would this
have been dealt with without Workflow being there'.
The answer to this question is usually, It gets
assigned to Bob or we get a temp to do the work for a
month or the manager takes care of it.
Having identified the correct person for the job, we
get back to the technical logistics of things.
Short term solutions include:
1.Substitution - very clean. Best business practice
solution. The user does not have to log on. The
workflow administrator can forward this for him.
2.Give someone else the user ID and password - not so
clean but effective.
Long term solutions include:
3.Appoint someone into that position or with that user
id - hopefully none of the above were specific to an
individual but rather generic or specific to the task
he/she performed.
4.If the business process allows it, change the
workflow to make use of dynamic allocation of agents.

Given the high level of staff turnover at your company
I suggest making use of a combination of step 1 and 3.

Let me know if I answerd your question succesfully.

Kind Regards
Hein Bence

Hey guys,