Start Workflow with object.4.6C

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Tue May 1 08:26:54 EDT 2001

Hi lj,
You can still terminate your workflow with an event even
if it wasn't started with an event.
The problem is more likely to be that the event isn't being
raised at all.

You usually need to do some configuration to turn on the event.
There is quite a bit of information on how to configure events
in the R/3 library documentation under Business Workflow.

To test that your event is being raised, turn on the event log
(transaction SWELS), do whatever you do to post the object
manually, then view the event log (transaction SWEL) to see if
anything happened.  You should see at least one line indicating
the event happened.  Check the details of the line to see if
it found your workflow as an event receiver. If the event happened
but it didn't find your workflow, check the binding on your terminating
event is correct.

Don't forget to turn the event log off afterwards as like all logs
it does put a drain on performance.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267